Photo Credit: Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of a Visiting Scientist in Animal Science for ICRISAT Development Center under Asia Program. The position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- To assist in conducting on-campus and on-farm research and extension activities for livestock productivity enhancement.
- To coordinate activities in selected districts of various bilateral projects with a special focus on livestock activities.
- To assist in developing and evaluating technologies for different projects in Karnataka, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh; and also in other states as needed.
- To conduct training courses and provide advisory services in specialized areas as per ICRISAT guidelines for different stakeholders
- Preparation of reports, project proposals and help the Head of ICRISAT Development Center as required
- Work assigned by the Head of ICRISAT Development Center as necessary
- Willingness to travel to various locations as part of project related activities
Qualification and Skills:
- Ph. D in any Discipline of Veterinary and Animal Science Subjects with a degree in B.V.Sc & A. H and M.V.Sc from any recognized universities.
- Preference will be given to production based disciplines like Veterinary Extension, Animal Nutrition and Livestock Production and Management etc.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and work harmoniously in multi-disciplinary team and environment
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills including demonstrated experience on preparing reports and research papers within required time-frame for a wide range of audience.
This is a Visiting Scientist position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 27 February 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
Source of original article: ICRISAT (www.icrisat.org).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
To submit your press release: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/pr).
To advertise on Global Diaspora News: (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/ads).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.