(as of Oct 22,2021 13:49:34 UTC – Details)
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes—portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
This casebook goes beyond the rules in teaching students the subtle differences between proper and improper conduct. Writing in his direct and lively style, Stephen Gillers explores the subtleties and nuances of the legal and ethical rules governing lawyers and judges. From great teaching cases, timely materials, and realistic problems, students come away with new insight, equipped to detect and avoid improper conduct over the course of their professional careers. Refined through years of classroom use, this casebook also offers comprehensive coverage, a balanced mix of materials, discussion beyond the rules and from different perspectives, detailed notes, and an accessible and engaging style.
- Comprehensive coverageincludes the full range of professional responsibility issues
- Excellent case selection, manageable length, accessible style
- Well-balanced mix of cases, secondary sources, and timely materialsoften drawn from recent headlines
- Realistic, helpful, and abundant problemsnew and revised, many based on actual events, and which facilitate class discussion
- Detailed and challenging notesproviding in-depth treatment of the issues
- Discussion beyond the rules and from different perspectives
- New cases and materials on recent Supreme Court opinions, on a lawyer-agents binding authority, discipline for invading an opposing lawyers attorney-client relationship, racially biased prosecutorial summations, the definition of the practice of law and its effect on the market for legal services, the LegalZoom settlement with North Carolina, improper inferences in jury arguments, causation requirements in proving criminal defense lawyer malpractice, and lawyer liability for fraud in negotiations
From the Publisher
Access the enhanced e-book version of your casebook anytime, anywhere to learn and study more efficiently. Search the full text of the casebook, highlight with six color options, and add notes to the margins.
Test your knowledge with a variety of practice questions and issue spotting exercises from best-selling study aids like Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines and Emanuel Law in a Flash cards.
Helpful All Semester Long
Case Briefing and Outline Tools accelerate the learning process and increase study time when it matters most.
Get notifications of relevant law-related news, curated for your course area and for general interest legal topics, from a variety of legal news sites.
Buying a red casebook for a law school class? Make the smart choice and purchase a new Connected Casebook. It provides what law students need most – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency. The Connected Casebook takes your print casebook to a whole new level by adding access to CasebookConnect, included with your purchase of a new casebook. CasebookConnect features:
A full e-book version of the casebook that lets you quickly highlight and copy text, add notes, and search for keywordsA Study Center with practice questions from leading study aids, short lecture videos, straightforward explanations of complex legal topics, and progress indicatorsA Case Briefing Tool that allows you to label key elements (facts, rules, holdings, etc.) of each case to create a brief while you readSocial sharing capabilities to share your briefs with your study groupAn Outline Tool that populates notes and highlights into an outline template aligned to casebook chapters
Publisher:Wolters Kluwer; 11th edition (December 19, 2017)
Item Weight:3.15 pounds
Dimensions:7.5 x 1.25 x 10 inches
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.