Photo Credit: Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Objective of Consultancy
Digital technologies are having a far-reaching impact on organisations in every sector, including agriculture. ICRISAT’s IT environment has evolved over the years, but there is still a lot of ground to cover. The objective of this assignment is to design a framework and a plan to move from a legacy silo culture to a digital-ready and interoperable enterprise culture by assessing current level of automation and digitisation across the institute and defining the future state of ICRISAT as a digitally-enabled organisation working in Africa and Asia, and with global connectivity to numerous partners and stakeholders. The framework should enable ICRISAT to optimize its IT spend; leverage digital tools to achieve research for development impacts, increase operational efficiencies in corporate functions and foster an institute-wide digital culture. There is currently an ongoing internal audit to assess processes and controls while a One CGIAR IT service delivery and shared services model is being developed. A combination of the internal audit findings, One CGIAR IT services and this consultancy will help ICRISAT be better positioned and more secure in an increasingly digital age.
Scope of Work
The consultant will carry out the following activities:
- Assess the maturity of ICRISAT’s current IT capabilities using industry standard maturity assessment frameworks.
- Determine the institutional capacity in terms of workforce, hardware, software (type, licencing and age), services and infrastructure in Headquarters in Hyderabad as well as in regional and country offices in Africa.
- Diagnostic assessment of the application landscape and software currently in use; assess need for upgrading; determine mechanisms for interoperability in corporate services while maintaining confidentiality and security in different domains; and within research domain ensure global access to international public goods while minimising risk to the institution.
- Probe vulnerabilities in IT systems in both corporate and research areas both outside the institution as well as internally; assess security measures that are already in place and make recommendations for enhancing security.
- Evaluate data islands existing across the organisation and craft a modern data architecture to ensure interoperability.
- Evaluate shadow IT activities and recommend effective measures to streamline for better performance, security, integration and compliance.
- Based on 2-6 above propose a forward-looking: (i) technical architecture; (ii) data architecture and (iii) applications architecture
- Provide recommendations on upgrading software, hardware, networking and other IT-related infrastructure to meet ICRISAT’s future needs.
- Assess the opportunities and risks from the One CGIAR implementation – including risks and opportunities from centralised IT provision to ICRISAT.
- Review skill sets and capabilities within current IT team.
- Gap analysis between current capabilities and required capabilities.
Outputs and Deliverables
The consultant will produce the following deliverables:
- Draft Report consisting of (i) IT maturity assessment; (ii) Review of institutional capacity (iii) Application landscape assessment; (iv) Vulnerability assessment; (v) Technical, data and application architectures; and (vi) Recommendations for upgrade.
- One CGIAR Risk Report highlighting the risks and opportunities from centralised IT provision to ICRISAT by CGIAR Shared Services .
- Skill Assessment Report consisting of review of skill sets available in current IT Team; gap analysis; and recommendations for additional skill sets.
- Final Report will incorporate the suggestions received from ICRISAT Management on the draft report.
Timeframe and Estimated Working Days
The entire assignment is expected to take 30 working days over the period mid-Aug to Oct 2020 and be completed latest by 30 Oct 2020.
|Start of assignment||17 Aug|
|1.||Draft Report||31 Aug|
|2.||Skill Assessment Report||15 Sept|
|3.||One CGIAR Risk Report||31 Sept|
|4.||Final Report||15 Oct|
Qualifications and Experience of the Bidder
The following qualifications and experience are required:
- Firm should have at least 10 years’ experience providing consultancy services in the field of information technology assessments and advisory of which minimum 5 years should be in advising international research organisations.
- At least five clients should be large not-for-profit organisations operating in multiple geographies, preferably in agriculture domain.
- Firms should have experience in providing advisory in enterprise architecture, IT security, cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure management, large-scale data management and related areas.
- Experience of working with agriculture research institutes and/or European not-for-profit organisations would be an advantage.
The team can be based anywhere provided appropriate video conferencing technology and internet bandwidth is available and used for regular interactions with ICRISAT. Bidder to determine if on-site validation may be required.
Language of Documents
The bid documents and all correspondence will be in English. Supporting documents and other literature may be in another language if they are accompanied by an English translation.
The technical proposal will consist of:
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework to deliver on the assignment (max 4 pages).
- Relevant experience of the firm demonstrating suitability for the assignment (max 3 pages).
- Not more than three case studies demonstrating experience in designing enterprise, application and data architecture for not-for-profits (each case study max 2 pages).
- Team composition and role of each team member with CVs of all team members (each CV max 2 pages)
The financial proposal will specify an all-inclusive fixed total price (with a breakdown of costs for consultancy fee per working day and details of all foreseeable expenses). All amounts will be denominated in USD.
Period of Validity of Bid
All bids must be valid for a period of 90 days from date of submission.
Criteria for Selection
The Quality cum Cost Based Selection (QCBS) process will be used for evaluating the bids. The weightage assigned to the technical score (TS) will be 80% and the weightage assigned to the financial score (FS) will be 20%. The Composite Score will be calculated as CS = 0.8*TS + 0.2*FS. The technical proposals will be evaluated first and then the financial proposals will be evaluated. In the event final scores of two or more bidders are ‘tied’, the bidder securing the highest technical score will be adjudicated as the Best Value Bidder for award of the assignment.
The decision of the Evaluation Committee in evaluation of bids shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained. The Evaluation Committee may ask for meetings or presentation with the Bidders to seek clarifications on their bids.
Following are the criteria for technical evaluation.
|Demonstrated experience of providing IT advisory services.||20|
|Demonstrated experience in designing enterprise architecture frameworks for mid-level organisations (maximum three case studies to be submitted)||30|
|Demonstrated knowledge of application of latest technologies in agriculture like IoT, AI, ML, etc.||20|
|Methodology, activities, work plan||10|
|Relevant experience evidenced from Team Leader’s CV (Team Leader should have min 15 years substantive experience in a senior capacity in IT Advisory domain)||10|
|Team composition and task assignment||10|
Procedure for Bid Submission
Bids will be submitted electronically through email to Mr Somayajulu ([email protected]). The file name of the technical bid will be <Technical_Name of bidder>. The file will be password protected. The financial proposal document will also be password protected with the name in the following format <Financial_Name of bidder>. Both passwords will be submitted to Amit Chakravarty ([email protected]) with the same deadline as for receiving the bids. If the passwords are not received by the deadline, the respective bid will not be considered for evaluation. To prevent tampering only protected PDF files should be submitted. It is the responsibility of the bidder to ensure documents cannot be tampered with and are sent before the deadline to the appropriate email address.
Deadline for Bid Submission
The deadline for receiving bids is 6 pm India time on 10 August 2020. Bids received after the deadline will not be considered for evaluation. Queries may be sent to Amit Chakravarty ([email protected]) latest by 5 August 2020.
Modification and Withdrawal of Bids
Bidders are allowed to modify or withdraw their bids after a written (email) notification is received by Mr Somayajulu from the authorised representative of the bidder prior to the submission deadline.
This assignment will be supervised by Dr Jacqueline Hughes, Director General ICRISAT and the team will liaise closely with her for the duration of the assignment. It is expected that the team leader will be flexible with her/his time for interactions with ICRISAT senior management to accommodate time zone differences.
Payments will be linked to deliverables/milestones as follows:
|No.||Deliverables / Milestones||Percentage of Payment|
|1||Signing of contract||10|
|2||Acceptance of Draft Report||20|
|3||Acceptance of Skill Assessment Report||20|
|4||Acceptance of One CGIAR Risk Report||20|
|5||Acceptance of Final Report||30|
Other Terms and Conditions
- Team members whose CVs are submitted in the bid will work on the assignment. Replacement will be accepted only if any team member leaves the firm. The replacement team member will be equivalent or better than the member being replaced.
- ICRISAT reserves the right to annul the entire bidding process with providing any reasons to the bidders.
- ICRISAT reserves the right to negotiate prices with the successful bidder.
- ICRISAT reserves the right to amend the scope of work before signing the contract.
Source of original article: ICRISAT (www.icrisat.org).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
To submit your press release: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/pr).
To advertise on Global Diaspora News: (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/ads).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.