Photo credit: DiasporaEngager (www.DiasporaEngager.com).
The Institute for Work & Health (IWH) and the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will host the Congress, together with the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Participants from around the globe will attend virtually from September 20 – 23, 2021. Amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, high-level government officials, trade unions, workers and their representatives, communicators, representatives of social security organizations, filmmakers, journalists, speakers, thought leaders, occupational experts and decision-makers will explore critical occupational safety and health issues. The Congress program features over 200 speakers in six technical sessions and 21 symposia. The International Media Festival for Prevention will take place during the Congress, as well as hundreds of virtual poster presentations and an International Safety and Health Exhibition.
WHAT: XXII World Congress on Safety and Health at Work
WHEN: September 20 – 23, 2021
- Mr. Cameron Bailey – Artistic Director and Co-Head, Toronto International Film Festival
- Dr. Joachim Breuer – President, ISSA
- Dr. John Howard – Director of NIOSH, Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Cameron Mustard – President, IWH
- Dr. Elizabeth Nkumbula – Founder and Chairperson, ENVIS Consulting Limited, Zambia
- Mr. Guy Ryder – Director General, ILO
- Prof. Atsushi Seike – President, The Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan
- Ms. Anne Tennier – President & CEO, CCOHS
- Ms. Maayan Ziv CEO & Founder, AccessNow
- International Labour Organization
- International Social Security Association
- The Institute for Work & Health
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Notes for media:
To access our Media Centre and obtain a press pass, click here. You will be required to provide your press credentials for verification.
Media relations contacts:
PRQ has been retained by the Canadian Host to provide logistical support and information to members of the press only.
Socials: @WorldCongressCA #WorldCongressCA
Source of original article: International Labour Organization (www.ilo.org).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.