(as of Oct 22,2021 13:11:30 UTC – Details)
This highly-rated, 360-page guidebook includes:
- 60 accounting lessons with clear explanations and examples,
- 88 questions and exercises to test your understanding as you move along,
- Over 130 tables, diagrams and images to bring the subject to life, and
- An accounting dictionary with over 300 accounting and business terms defined.
Using this book you will:
- No longer need to memorize debits and credits (you’ll jump your grades at the same time),
- Learn the connection between the basic accounting equation and every accounting entry you will ever make,
- Fully understand the double-entry system of accounting and journal entries,
- Learn the format for T-accounts, the trial balance and the financial statements,
- Fully grasp inventory, the cost of goods sold formula and manufacturing businesses,
- Know depreciation, provisions and bad debts like the back of your hand,
- Master closing (year-end) entries, prepaid income and expenses, and bank reconciliations,
- And more…
Also available in this series (you can purchase these on their own instead of the Complete Guide):
- Accounting Basics: Study Guide (Volume 1 in the series) — A comprehensive theory book on basic accounting concepts and practices.
- Accounting Basics: Workbook (Volume 2 in the series) — The companion workbook, containing over 88 questions and exercises, which correspond to all of the lessons and chapters in the Study Guide.
- Accounting Basics: Dictionary (Volume 3 in the series) — The companion dictionary in the Accounting Basics series, with over 300 accounting and business terms defined.
The Accounting Basics series teaches the subject in a simple, clear and comprehensive way. And though written primarily for high school and college students, the books are also very handy for working professionals looking to brush up on basic accounting concepts and practices.
Our materials are used at institutions across the country, such as:
- The Kansas Department of Revenue (Audit Services),
- The Southern Regional Education Board and the State of Kentucky (SREB’s Advanced Career project for high school students – used across 9 states),
- Schools and colleges like Mount Saint Vincent College (NY), Western Colorado Community College (OFAD Quickbooks Accounting), Advanced Technology Institute (VA) and Benedictine College Preparatory (VA).
Our companion website, www.accounting-basics-for-students.com, provides free accounting information to thousands of students around the world. Feel free to browse the site and try out the additional exercises and examples available there.
If you’re considering our materials for any of your classes or programs, please reach out to us on our website with your details and we’ll send you a sample copy of one of our books.
Contact the author:
If you have any questions for the author (about the books or anything else), you can contact him through the website above.
And finally, if you purchase any of our books and have a good experience, feel free to leave us a 5-star review! Thank you very much!
Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st edition (May 22, 2013)
Item Weight:1.94 pounds
Dimensions:8.5 x 0.86 x 11 inches
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.