Photo credit: DiasporaEngager (www.DiasporaEngager.com).
A Work Programme on Just Transition Pathways will be discussed for adoption by UNFCCC parties at COP28 in UAE this year. A key outcome of the work programme will be a framework for financing just transition pathways across the global climate finance architecture.
Under this backdrop, the panel will involve leaders from G7 countries, partners countries and social partners to discuss progress on just transition and the importance of green jobs and skills strategies for achieving the SDGs. It will address how their countries are investing in a low carbon economy to alleviate inequality and promote climate adaptation and mitigation.
- Time: 11:30 – 12:50
- Location: ILO/EC Just Transitions Pavilion (Thematic Arena 3, Pavilion 325)
- Mr. Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Ms. Carla Montesi, Director for the Green Deal and Digital Agenda, European Commission
- Ms. Bama Athreya, Deputy Assistant Administrator, USAID
- Mr. Eric Monzi, ITUC Deputy General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Dr. Henry Kwabena KOKOFU, Executive Director, Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana
- Ms. Virginie Delisee, Responsable Division Education, Formation professionnelle, Agence Francaise de Developpement,
Source of original article: International Labour Organization (www.ilo.org).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.