Photo Credit: Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a scholarship to pursue a 2 year Master of Philosophy Degree with specialization in Hydrogeology. The project is funded by the African Union Commission in collaboration with the European Union. Selected candidates will be working on the Multi-scale Flood Monitoring and Assessment Services for West Africa (MiFMASS) Project. Candidates should meet the requirements for admission to a graduate program in the University of Ghana and should have a good BSc or equivalent in Earth Science, Geology, Hydrology or related field with at least a Second Class Lower Division or better qualification.
The MiFMASS project has a consortium of 7 institutions from 5 West African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, and Benin). The project is led by the Center for Space Science Technology Education (CSSTE) at the Owolowo Abafemi University in Nigeria. In Ghana, University of Ghana (Department of Earth Science) and the Water Research Institute (WRI) of CSIR are partners. The successful candidate will work with the project partners and pursue his/her thesis within the project’s study area (Black Volta Basin) in Ghana. The successful candidate will be required to enroll in August 2019.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
In addition to the online University of Ghana application for admission, candidates interested in being considered for the scholarship should submit
- a letter of intent;
- brief proposal (5 pages);
- certified transcripts and certificates;
- Three (3) confidential letters of recommendation
These documents should be submitted to:
Department of Earth Science
University of Ghana
(Email: [email protected])
The following shall be considered in the selection of a suitably qualified candidate for this scholarship:
- Candidate must meet the University of Ghana requirements for admission to the program;
- In addition, candidate must have had at least Second Class (Upper Division) or equivalent from a recognized, regionally accredited institution;
- Candidate must have submitted a proposal and personal essay which will be adequately assessed and vetted by a competent panel established by the department;
- The candidate must have passed an interview session to be conducted by a panel of experts in the area;
- A strong background in remote sensing and hydrological modeling will be an advantage.
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 8, 2019.
Source of original article: Laboratoire d’Ecologie Appliquée (www.leabenin-fsauac.net) / Laboratory of Applied Ecology / Laboratorio de Ecología Aplicada / 應用生態學實驗室. Prof. Brice Sinsin, Lab Director | Directeur du Laboratoire | Director de laboratorio.
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.