Photo Credit: Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Individual Consultant)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/RN00995/ GHANA/2020|
|Title of Solicitation||Two consultants for USAID performance measurement in Ghana|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, [email protected]|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, [email protected]|
|Solicitation Issue Date||September 15th, 2020|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||September 21st, 2020|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||September 24th, 2020 1700 hours, East African Time GMT +3.|
|Deadline for Submission of Quotations||September 29th , 2020 1700 hours, East African Time GMT +3.
Please include the subject line “RFP/00995/ GHANA/2020” in the email
|Anticipated Award Type||INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Evaluation Criteria||Bidder Must provide the below listed information:
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
Terms of Reference for Two consultants for USAID performance measurement in Ghana
AGRA is an African-led alliance focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle into farming as a thriving business. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA’s mission is to catalyze and sustain an agricultural transformation in Africa through innovation-driven productivity increases and access to markets and finance that improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. AGRA’s overall vision of success is centered on the key headline goals to be achieved through its efforts to catalyze, convene and align with an alliance of partners and grantees:
- Double the incomes of 9 million farm households through the direct result of activities of AGRA, grantees, and partners to increase productivity and access to markets and finance in eleven (11) countries where it is seeking to catalyze an agricultural transformation.
- Contribute to doubling the incomes of another 21 million farm households through the contributions of AGRA, grantees, and partners to policies, programs, and partnerships that increase productivity and access to markets and finance in other countries where an agricultural transformation is already under way, but needs to be sustained.
The Ghana Country Office under the USAID Buy-in support is mandated to report on a set of results quarterly to USAID through the PRS and FTF system and this requires constant data collection, collation and uploading into the USAID Systems. AGRA is seeking to procure the services of two (2) consultants to be based in Upper West and Northern Regions to support the AGRA Country office to meet all the reporting requirements of USAID Buy-in agreement.
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of engaging the 2 consultants is to assist the Regional M&E Officer to collect, collate and report on USAID specific indicators as well as AGRA specific indicators in Ghana.
Consultants Responsibilities (Scope of Work)
Coordinate the implementation of the Country Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to that plan.
- Assist the Country team to implement data collection methods for adequate monitoring, reporting and evaluation of implementing partners’ performance and of the program as a whole (these methods may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialized surveys).
- Assist implementing partners (grantees) to implement performance plans and support building capacity of grantees in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Lead the uploading of Country performance data into the USAID PRS, FTF Systems and the AGRA MIS
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving Country objectives through program reviews, portfolio reviews or other processes.
- Contribute to the planning of new USAID funded activities that support the desired results under the Country Team; this includes providing input into assessments, Project Appraisal Documents, and Scopes of Work for new activities.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of USAID funded activities; this may involve reviewing work plans, quarterly reports, participating in field visits, initiating regular portfolio reviews and contributing to program evaluations
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Undertake any additional duties assigned by the Country Team members
- Monthly reports showing key activities undertaken in a given month and the key deliverables
- Quarterly reports showing progress on USAID/AGRA key deliverables for the given quarter
- Half yearly reports on key activities and achievements of the consultants
- Annual report
The Consultants shall report directly to the Regional M&E Officer and the Ghana Country Manager.
The consultancy shall be for an initial period of 12 months
Qualifications of the Consultants
The Consultants shall be selected on the basis of its proven experience in USAID projects, qualifications and ability to deliver a quality product in a timely and efficient manner. The consultants MUST have the following:
- Masters in Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field;
- Proven experience in previous USAID projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills;
- Past related experience in northern Ghana; and
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [20%]
- Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [30%]
- Technical approach, methodology and work plan (maximum of 5 pages): [40%]
- Relevant experience in the region: 10%
Total weight: 100%
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Delivery plan including description of methodology, and preliminary design of the activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments along with three professional referees contacts
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
- Copies of academic certificates
- Identification documents
While preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants must give attention to the following:
- In preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants are expected to examine the documents constituting this RFP in detail. Material deficiencies in providing the information requested may result in rejection of a proposal.
- The consultant’s proposal must be written in English language
- The full proposal should contain two components:
- A Summary Proposal Document not exceeding 5 pages in Microsoft Word (single- space, 12-point font) responding to the areas denoted in the RFP and should be accompanied by associated accreditation and any desired annexes including case studies of sector specific work done and CV
- A Summary Proposal Presentation not exceeding 10 slides in Microsoft PowerPoint to convey the key elements of the proposal to AGRA
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFP ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per day
- Breakdown of disbursements if applicable
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable withholding taxes shall be included. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Brief Technical proposal, detailed CV and Financial Proposals must be submitted separately to [email protected] by the deadline indicated in the synopsis.
- The subject of the email MUST read “RFP/RN00995/ GHANA/2020”. AGRA shall not be liable for not opening proposals that are submitted with a different subject.
- Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
- Only financial proposal of the best candidate will be opened and negotiated.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB.
- The financial proposal MUST be password protected.
- The Financial proposals shall include all applicable taxes. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, AGRA shall consider them as included in the prices provided.
To submit your press release: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/pr).
To advertise on Global Diaspora News: (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/ads).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.