Photo credit: DiasporaEngager (www.DiasporaEngager.com).
February 8, 2022 – The Lincoln Project released the following takeaways from the 2023 State Of The Union:
(1) In two short years, President Joe Biden brought dignity back to the White House and pride back to the nation. He has shown decency, competence, and a willingness to confront the existential threats facing our democracy.
(2) President Biden has created an economy with the lowest unemployment rate in fifty years while restoring our standing in the world by leading a coalition to fight the Russian attack on democracy.
(3) Last night, President Biden showed his commitment to invest in all Americans. He isn’t concerned with fighting a culture war that pits Americans against one another, but is laser focused on providing jobs to Americans who have been left behind.
(4) President Biden understands that democracy is threatened like no other time in American history. He knows the authoritarian threat facing the nation both at home and abroad must be confronted with strength and determination.
(5) Democracy is not a partisan issue and there is no middle ground in this fight. Every American must choose a side to either support the democracy that has fueled our nation since its founding, or side with those who preach hate and are working to destroy our democratic institutions.
(6) Last night, the ultra-MAGA who control Congress showed how they are defined by their anger and hatred in their despicable behavior during the State Of The Union. The ultra-MAGA have no real interest in governing and instead create spectacles rather than solving the problems facing Americans.
(7) Marjorie Taylor Greene showed once again who is really in control of the GOP. Her angry performance that saw her shouting down the President ignored the wishes of Speaker McCarthy. Her power move tonight will gather headlines and prove once again she is the driving force within the Republican conference.
(8) The GOP members claiming to be ‘moderates’ and ‘centrists’ are trying to sound appealing to their constituents who rejected the nihilism of Donald Trump. The reality is they support the ultra-MAGA agenda and refuse to condemn the behavior of their colleagues for their destructive actions.
(9) The ultra-MAGA are pushing an extreme agenda that will rollback individual rights, destroy the economy, and implement a foreign policy that favors dictators. So-called ‘moderates’ like Don Bacon are only too happy to go along with it if it means they can capture plum committee assignments and enjoy the trappings of their office. Their refusal to put party over politics shows they are more concerned with their positions, than the national well-being.
The Lincoln Project is a leading pro-democracy organization in the United States — dedicated to the preservation, protection, and defense of democracy.
To learn more about The Lincoln Project, go to www.lincolnproject.us.
Source of original article: Black Star News (www.blackstarnews.com).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
To submit your press release: (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/pr).
To advertise on Global Diaspora News: (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/ads).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.