Photo credit: DiasporaEngager (www.DiasporaEngager.com).
H.R. 40 Reparations Judiciary Committee Vote Forum
On April 14th, the next historic day in this multi-century struggle of repair for our people will take place. On that date, the House Judiciary Committee will vote to send H.R. 40 to the floor of the House of Representatives. Leaders crafting the national strategy to pass H.R. 40 will meet to discuss the historic Judiciary Committee vote, what it means, and next actions in the effort to make H.R. 40 law.
Matsimela Mapfumo (Rev. Mark Thompson) – Member of N’COBRA, the National African American Reparations Commission and the Black Church PAC
Jessica Ann Mitchell Aiwuyor – Founder of the National Black Cultural Information
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee – U.S. Representative for Texas’s 18th congressional district
- Keenan Keller – Senior Democratic Counsel for the US House of Representatives’ Judiciary Committee.
- Kamm Howard – National Co-chair, N’COBRA
- Kenniss Henry – Chairperson, N’COBRA Legislative Committee
- Rev. Dr. JoAnn Watson – Senior Pastor of West Side Unity Church
- Dr. Raymond Winbush – Director of the Institute for Urban Research
- Atty Nkechi Taifa – Founder, Principal and CEO of The Taifa Group LLC
- Dr. Ron Daniels – Convener, NAARC President, IBW 21st Century
- Dr. Greg Kimathi Carr – Chair African American Studies, Howard University
- Dreisen Heath – Assistant Researcher, Racial Justice, Human Rights Watch
Register for this event HERE
Source of original article: The Institute of the Black World 21st Century (ibw21.org).
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.