(as of Aug 03,2021 04:35:53 UTC – Details)
A comprehensive companion to your legal research coursebook, Basic Legal Research Workbook provides a well-chosen range of exercises and assignments to familiarize students with fundamental online and print research sources. Logically and intuitively organized, Basic Legal Research Workbook’s coverage mirrors the research sources studied in first-year Legal Research courses, including both online and print sources. Research exercises are presented at graduated levels of difficulty, from guided research to open research requiring more advanced research skills. Online research exercises progressively instruct students on the latest interface features of commonly-used databases. Print assignments cover multiple jurisdictions, reducing the demand on single library sources.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- All exercises updated to include instructions for the latest research platforms
- Flexible exercises that can be completed online or in print
- Updated problem sets
- Inclusion of Student Learning Outcomes that support formative and summative student assessment
- Updated exercises that reflect the latest versions of Westlaw and Lexis
- Questions that introduce students to Bloomberg Law and the latest government websites (e.g., govinfo.gov)
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Coverage that mirrors the research sources studied in first-year Legal Research courses, including both online and print sources
- A logical and intuitive organization
- Research exercises cover the scope and organization of research sources (emphasizing online but also including some print), review the research process, and reinforce students’ skills. Exercises are presented at graduated levels of difficulty, from guided research to open research requiring more advanced research skills
- Emphasis on online sources while maintaining coverage of key print resources for professors who teach print research.
- Online research exercises with progressively more complex questions to instruct students on the latest interface features of commonly-used databases
- Print assignments that can work in multiple jurisdictions, reducing the demand on single library sources
- Problem sets for all exercises
- An appealing and highly readable interior design.
Publisher:Wolters Kluwer; 5th edition (March 23, 2020)
Item Weight:1.25 pounds
Dimensions:8.5 x 0.55 x 11 inches
The content of this article does not necessarily reflect the views or opinion of Global Diaspora News (www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com).
Sign up to Global Diaspora News newsletter (https://www.GlobalDiasporaNews.com/newsletter/) to start receiving updates and opportunities directly in your email inbox for free.