Dr. Roland Holou (www.RolandHolou.com) is a dual citizen of the USA and Benin Republic. He is a scientist, a businessman, and an international consultant and expert in agribusiness, agriculture, agronomy, biotechnology, Diaspora engagement, Africa development, plant biology, genetics, physiology, international trade and development, rangeland management, soil science, microbiology, entomology, biochemistry, ecology, and statistics, etc.
He self-taught 12 grade courses to obtain his High School Diploma in Mathematics and Physics (French: Baccalauréat Série C), and another High School Diploma in Biology and Natural Sciences (French: Baccalauréat Série D) while he was undergoing a technical training at the Agricultural School Lycée Agricole Médji de Sékou (LAMS) where he obtained his Diploma in Tropical Agriculture and Comptroller of Rural Development. He obtained his Bachelor Degree in Agronomy and his Master of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering at the University of Abomey Calavi in Benin where he graduated with the highest distinction (first of his class). He has a Ph.D. in Plant, Insect and Microbial Sciences at the University of Missouri (USA) where he graduated as the Doctoral Marshal (first of his class).
Dr. Roland Holou is the Founder and CEO of DiasporaEngager (www.DiasporaEngager.com), the World’s #1 Global / International Diaspora Engagement Network Social Media Platform that connects the Diaspora to each other and to opportunities with governments, nonprofits, businesses, laboratories, international institutions, schools, and research institutions. DiasporaEngager is also a think tank and a consulting company that helps the Diaspora and their stakeholders to locate, engage, and network with each other and with their country of origin and their current country of residence. Dr. Roland Holou is the architect of the first and world’s largest map of the Diaspora and their stakeholders (www.Diasporaengager.com/map). To learn about his blog concerning the international Diaspora engagement, please visit www.DiasporaNews.com.
Before founding DiasporaEngager, Roland worked as a plant biotechnology research scientist in the USA. He also has held international positions including the International Chair of the “Sweet Sorghum Ethanol Association”, and the “International Service in Agronomy Award Committee” at the American Society of Agronomy. He is a member of several professional associations including:
- American Chemical Society,
- Association of African Agricultural Professionals in the Diaspora,
- French Writers Association,
- American Society of Agronomy,
- Crop ScienceSociety of America,
- Soil Science Society of America,
- Sweet Sorghum Ethanol Association,
- International Association for Plant Biotechnology,
- American Society of Plant Biologists,
- American Association for the Advancement of Science,
- Canadian Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, Environmental, and Biological Systems,
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers,
- American Society for Microbiology,
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
- Benin Association of Pastoralism,
Throughout his career, Dr. Roland Holou has received many awards and honors such as:
- Covington Who’s Who Executive and Professional (USA) ;
- 2000 Outstanding Intellectualsof the 21st Century Awards (United Kingdom) ;
- National Association of Distinguished Professionals(USA) ;
- Top Ranked U.S. Executive Award, from the National Council of American Executives;
- Who’s Who in the World;
- Who’s Who in America;
- Cambridge Who’s Who among Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs;
- Rollins Society Induction;
- Doctoral Marshal; and
- National Dean’s List.
Under the leadership of Dr. Roland Holou, DiasporaEngager was a Winner of the 2015 African Corporate Excellence Awards.
Roland is a reviewer of several scientific journals such as:
- African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development
- Biomass and Bioenergy Journal
- Cereal Chemistry Journal
- Journal of Life Science
- International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences
- International Research Journal of Plant Science
- Global Research Journal of Microbiology
- African Journal of Microbiology Research
- International Journal of Agricultural Sciences
- International Research Journal of Microbiology
- International Research Journal of Agricultural Scienceand Soil Science
- International Research Journal of Biotechnology.
Besides this book (The Most Influential Contemporary African Diaspora Leaders), Roland Holou is the author of several books including:
- Biographie de Brice Augustin Sinsin : Vie, succès, et secrets d’un intellectuel et développeur Africain.
- A continent in tears: The origin of Africa’s collapse and how to reverse it.
- Pourquoi l’Afrique Pleure et S’enfonce
- La faillite des cadres et intellectuels Africains
- Le bûching et le développement en Afrique
In addition to English, he is fluent in French and 5 African languages. He is an amateur of guitar and piano.
Regardless you are a Diaspora or not, remember to click here to sign up for free to the Diaspora platform at www.DiasporaEngager.com/miniRegister so that you can start using the international platform of the Diaspora and their stakeholders. The site is for everybody! Please spread the word around you!